We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Choose your bathroom tiles: wall tiles or porcelain stoneware?
- Tile adhesive, cleat, cross bars: the essential material
- Prepare its support for laying wall tiles
- Successful installation of your wall covering: the steps
- Take care of the finishes: the laying of the tile joint
1. Choose your bathroom tiles: wall tiles or porcelain stoneware?The tiling protects your walls from bumps and scratches. Its colors stand up well to time, and it is very simple to maintain. The range is very wide, with a wide variety of textures and finishes, as well as formats. In short, he has everything to please. But which one to choose? For the bathroom, porous tiles such as terracotta or sandstone are avoided, which could lead to infiltration and detachment of the tiles. Let us note an exception: porcelain stoneware, this clay-based ceramic often used for tiling. Very resistant, it does not fear shocks, scratches or stains, wonderfully imitates natural stone or other textures, and has a very low porosity, even without special treatment. In addition, it is very simple to maintain! It is therefore an ideal tiling to revamp your bathroom. Another option: earthenware! If it is too fragile for the floor, it is ideal for wall tiles. Resistant, it is easy to clean. The wall tiles are magnificent in frieze, on a whole section of wall or for a specific corner like that of the shower. But if you are an aficionado, why not the whole room? Note that you can also use glass paste to make mosaics, or natural stone for an authentic atmosphere. When you buy your tiles, plan a sufficient quantity: for safety, add 5% to the total to anticipate possible errors or breakage. To calculate the number of tiles needed, there are many online tools that ask you only the dimensions of the room and that of the chosen tiles. To tile, beware of differences in color between batches. Before starting the work, open all the packages and mix the tiles to obtain a harmonious result.
2. Tile glue, battens, cross bars: the essential material
3. Prepare its support for laying wall tiles
© Leroy Merlin
4. Successful installation of your wall covering: the steps
5. Take care of the finishes: the laying of the tile joint
© Leroy Merlin Before tackling the finishes, leave your tiles well to dry. For the preparation of your jointing mortar, follow the instructions for use to the letter and respect the dosages. Do not prepare too much mortar at once, as it dries very quickly. Immerse your trowel in the bucket and apply a nice layer of mortar on the interstices. With the squeegee, pass several times over the tiles to fill the joints well and remove the excess mortar. To smooth the tile joints, gently run your finger over it. Every quarter of an hour, clean the area you have just worked with a damp sponge. If you wait too long, the mortar will have dried and the residue will be very difficult to remove, so do not drag! When you are finished, clean the entire surface with a sponge and a cloth, then possibly apply an anti-mold product to your tiles to protect it from the attacks of humidity. Once your tiles have been laid successfully, maintenance is done with soapy water, and sometimes with a little warm white vinegar to remove traces of lime. Easy !